Langford Windows (ABN 29 000 830 491) provides the following warranty in relation to its aluminium windows and doors, and their associated hardware and glass products ("Products"). The benefits of this Warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this Warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Langford Windows warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below:
1. all parts of the workmanship of the Products carried out by Langford Windows will be free from defects for a period of 7 years from the date of delivery to site by Langford Windows;
2. all moving parts and hardware ("Hardware") attract a one year warranty from the date of delivery to site by Langford Windows; and
3. toughened, laminated and float glass ("Glass") attracts a warranty against defects and degradation for a period of one year from the date of delivery to site by Langford Windows (not exceeding the limits as set out in AS4667).
If a defect appears in Langford Windows workmanship of the Products before the end of the relevant warranty period, and Langford Windows finds the Products to be defective, Langford Windows will, in its sole discretion, either:
a) replace or repair the Products or the defective parts of the Products free of charge; or
b) cause the Products or the defective parts of the Products to be replaced or repaired by a qualified Langford Windows repairer free of charge.
Langford Windows reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Products with parts and components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
This Warranty does not apply where:
a) the Products have been subject to abuse, misuse or neglect;
b) Langford Windows cannot establish any fault in the Product after testing and inspection;
c) the Products have been used other than for the purposes for which they were designed;
d) the alleged defect in the Product is within acceptable industry variances, including manufacturing tolerances in line with AS2047, powder coat colour variations within industry tolerances and distortion, twisting, warping, cupping or bowing of a door less than 5mm;
e) the Products have been repaired, altered or modified by someone other than Langford Windows or an authorised repair agent;
f) the Products have been subject to abnormal conditions, including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
g) the alleged defect in the Product has arisen due to the customer's failure to install, use and maintain the Product in accordance with Langford Windows care and maintenance recommendations or industry-accepted instructions.
h) The Products have not been maintained in accordance with Langford Windows care and maintenance instructions;
i) Window reveals have not been protected from the elements within two weeks of being delivered to site.
This Warranty does not cover accidental glass breakage or general wear and tear.
In order to claim Warranty, the following conditions apply:
a) the Products must have been stored on site in a dry, clean area, where the Products cannot come into contact with any abrasive /caustic materials.
b) the Products must have been maintained in accordance with Langford Windows care and maintenance recommendations.
c) the Products must have been installed in accordance with (as appropriate) recognised industry methods, AS2047, the Australian Window Association's window installation guide or Langford Windows installation details.
1. If a fault covered by Warranty occurs, the customer must within 1 month of the fault arising notify Langford Windows in writing to the contact address at which the Product was purchased.
2. Any Warranty claim must be accompanied by:
a) proof of purchase;
b) full details of the alleged defect; and
c) appropriate documentation, if any (such as installation records).
3. The customer must allow Langford Windows or its authorised representatives access to the Products for inspection. If such inspection finds no defect in the Products, or finds that the Products have not been stored, installed or maintained in accordance with Langford Windows recommendations, then the customer must pay Langford Windows usual call out and service costs.
Langford Windows makes no express warranties or representations other than as set out in this Warranty.
The repair or replacement of the Product or part of the Product is the absolute limit of Langford Windows liability under this express Warranty. This Warranty does not extend to the installation or refinishing of replacement product.